Friday, January 26, 2007

Personal Evaluation


Overall, I find Martin Seligman's concepts and ideas very interesting and useful. I admit that my optimistic level is low compare to other classmates, thus reading about the theories of psositive psychology certainly suggests me some new ways of thinking that help increase my optimistism level. Although I have heard it already, but the quote "In the long run, money does not account for happiness" gives me the feeling of optimism toward living a happy life with just enough needs, not a lavish lifestyle. This slightly changes my attitude toward applying as a tutor. At first I wanted to do it because I want to add on to my record of the extracurricular activity (I also earn money from being a tutor), but now after i read that quote, I want to do it because I want to show my tutee, whoever that is, how high school is like. That way I'm not taking the job for the money or for my own record, but I want to help middle school students, or even elementary students to at least have some clues about high school. Not only that the quote makes me realize that I should decide on something with a good, clean, and unselfish intention, thus will allow me to stop and think before I decide to do something in the future.
~Daniel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home