Sunday, January 28, 2007

That's Interesting

"This means that if you have a lot of negative emotion in your life, you may have somewhat less positive emotion than average, but that you are not remotely doomed to a joyless life."
Reading and writing about Seligman had given me a lot of encouragements and positive attitude in life.
Here are some of the few things in life that stimulate my positive thinkings...
Japanese guitar duo デパペペ "DepaPepe":
- Anyone who has a chance to hear their songs will be embraced with warmth and joyful, cozy feeling. With that said, DepaPepe is no doubt a great choice for inspiring positive attitudes

Guitar is all around~!!

- I love to play guitar after work, or before bedtime. That's how I clear my mind, getting ready to take a good night sleep. For me, a guitar burns the stress and bad feelings like exercising burns fat. It stimulates my creativity and liveliness, which is what I lack during other times. It has a sense of being in-control, because I can play whatever i want to, without being limited within a frame like in textbooks.

Learning about Seligman's positive psychology helps me to see the world in a different way. I begin to see the good side of people, events, and things around me more often. This reminds me of one of the greatest comeback-player on the ATP Professional Tennis tour, James Blake. I frequently thought of him as I read through the text on Seligman. Take a quick look at his interview after the match against another great compatriot tennis player, Andy Roddick.
"Yeah, unbelievable. I told Andy after the match it was the best grass court match I think I've ever played...he's gotten me plenty of times. I had to get him back just once...Yeah, things were going well."
"Today I just figured I have to go for it. I can't, you know, wait back and just push...I had to take my chances."

~Daniel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home