Wednesday, March 07, 2007

First Memo

As far I think I remembered, my first memory is the scene when I was strolling in the park with my mom. I was probably about 2-3 years old. I felt like I was in my old neighborhood, the one that I lived in when I was very young. My mom was holding my hands and guided me forward. Now that I thought clearly about it, this memory might be more of a “I wish I had that memory” type. I might have seen it in a movie or book when I was very young, thus wish that it was true. As a result, the idea actually entered my memory storage and pretended to be part of it.

Mr. Anthony later said that memory usually doesn’t occur until age 5 or 6, therefore the park scene was probably a reconstructed memory. All memories are caused by events that involved a lot of emotional elements. Usually they are happy or sad events. The class average age group is around 3-4 years old, and all memories have some connections to happiness and sadness, ranging from falling down a bookshelf to vomiting. Memories are malleable, meaning that they can be easily influenced and shaped.
~Daniel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home