Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Gregorc Syle Delineator...

We did another experiment today in class to try to determine our method of thinking. The "test" is modeled from Gregorc Syle Delineator. The test will sort us into the four different categories.


1. Concrete Sequential (CS)
2.
Abstract Random (AR)
3.
Abstract Sequential (AS)
4.
Concrete Random (CR)

The test format is as follow:
- look at a group of 4 individual words, then quickly rank them according to how closely I can associate the word with myself. The most alike is 4, and the least is 1.
- continue with other sets.
- add the numbers across the row, then add the sum down the column to the sums on all the rows beneath.
- there will be 4 columns total after the second addition. These columns represent each of the 4 areas (CS, AR, AS, CR)

Not surprisingly, The result shows that my strength is the Concrete Sequential. people with this area will tend to think things in a practical and logical way, without much creativity. They work things step-by-step, and will not be happy if things are not well-organized. They pay close attention to details.

Overall, the qualities described in the CS seem to fit my personality that i think I have. I see myself as being systematic with the procedures. I keep track of events in my planner, and tick off after I have completed. I even write small notes and stick them onto my watch for things that I have to complete on that day. Some of the qualities that might not be a perfect fit for me is "work well within time limit". Although I meet all my deadlines, I tend to not start the work as soon as possible.

~Daniel

2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Peter Anthony @ SAS said...

Well done Daniel. You had thought that you would be CS. All styles have their advantages and disadvantages but CS is a good one for learning at school and college.

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

we're both CS people =)
i thought you'd be a CS person too..
except for the fact that you ARE creative na especially in art
and same here,, i don't really work well + am under pressure within time limits, so i procrastinate. ;p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home